We are writing with some very exciting news! Beginning immediately, the Greater Kingston Softball Association is entering into a partnership with Queen’s Athletics. The partnership will see all GKSA house league and competitive teams, along with their uniforms and apparel, rebranded with “Junior Gaels” starting in the summer of 2019. This means that teams will be wearing the tri-colours of Queen’s and the “Q” logo will be prominent on uniforms and apparel, along with the GKSA logo.
Kingston rep/select teams will be named Kingston Junior Gaels Fastball Clubs rather than Kingston Kobras Fastball Clubs. There will be three different styles of uniform – one worn by rep clubs, one by select clubs and one by house league clubs (various colours/looks for house league).
All participants in the Junior Gaels program will receive benefits such as:
- Coaching support from current Queen’s coaches
- Opportunities to meet and learn from current Gaels athletes
- Free admission to Gaels sporting events
- Special Junior Gaels programming at the Athletics & Recreation Centre (ARC)
- Custom apparel available online and at the Queen’s Shop at the ARC
- Discounts, promotions and much more
We at GKSA are thrilled about this new partnership and we look forward to furthering our partnership with the folks at Queen’s and growing the sport throughout the city of Kingston.